Sunday, January 8, 2012

2 things I love....crafts and baking!

It's Sunday!!! It's my day off...nothing really to do. Everyday I have something to do--work, dance or running. Usually it's a day to run errands, but that was accomplished yesterday (such the overachiever)!

Since it's a "day off" I can do whatever I please....right? No, not really. Yesterday I took video of our practice so another girl can practice at home since she hasn't had the chance to get to class. Today I had to edit that video footage and make copies for everyone....easier said than done!

Converting the videos took half the day....so I cleaned up my closet during the conversion. Even though I took out a bit of clothes it still looks the same....but it still took me an hour to reorganize everything!

Time to take a break from this! What is there to do...arts & crafts! Sounds a little elementary school of me...but I love arts & crafts! Tomorrow is the first class of the new year for dance, so time to make New Year's tags for the goodies I'm going to bake later on.

I am glad the Cricut was invented! It makes my projects less time consuming. Plus I am OCD things have to be almost perfect or else I won't give them.

In only a few minutes all my tags are done! All I have to do is glue them together and write on them...but that wait till later! Why...cause the videos are finally finished converting!

Time to make the menu and chapters. I think I need a new laptop....things take FOREVER to do. My laptop is already 6 years old! It only has 512 MB of RAM....but I make do.

After making the menus and setting up the chapters...time to make some DVDs. One copy takes an hour (sigh). It's a good thing I only have to make 3 right now.

As the DVDs burn, it's time for baking! I love baking! I think it comes from my Grandma Nikaido. She would bake all the time. I think I should have started earlier learning her recipes, but it's too late now.

Today I am attempting to make 饅頭. The last time I made it a little on the 焦げ side. This time I am going to pay more attention to them! I forgot how oily it is.

This time I did better! Now I have to finish the tags and pack everything together!

Here's the finished products!










It's been such a long day...at least I did some things I enjoy doing!



No comments:

Post a Comment