Saturday, January 7, 2012

1 week done!...Already missed 2 days!

One week is already done?!?! Where does the time go? Last night I was soooooooooooo (you get the point) tired from the week that I passed out in my new bed.....the couch! Yes, the couch! For a couple of months I would fall asleep on the couch maybe 3 or 4 days out of the week. Why? Exhaustion!

Now it's time to put more of my resolutions into effect. Even though I have been sick this week on Thursday I finally went on my first run of 2012! The first day back is always the hardest....but at least I stuck with it. Friday  was a different story...I had running partners....the Chins.

I think I have hit a plateau right now. I don't how to break this........

So today I went shopping! We don't have any bookstores in town so off to the west side of the island, Lahaina (Barnes & Noble here I come)! I am a different person that most....everyone with their ebooks (I have a Sony eReader, don't get me wrong), I still like having a physical book. If I like the book enough...I will get the electronic version.

It's been a while since I've been in bookstore! The last time was probably in September after the Maui Marathon (how fitting).

I just roam a bit,and lo-and-behold I come across a running book....one of those "Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul" books. It must be fate! Of course I pick it up, since I NEED some kind of motivation or inspiration to get me out of this running funk!

Went to the Sports section hoping to find something to help me. Not much running books since the last time I went. I guess more people have been getting into running.....Finally there was a table with, what I would like to call, "New Years Resolution" books. Everything from dieting to improving your credit score. I find a book with a title I was looking for....BE A BETTER RUNNER....Fate again...most likely!

After picking up the books, it's time for more shopping. Time to pick up another pair of Asics Blur-33s! The Hello Kitty ones have been broken in and now I need ones to train in before wearing out my Hello Kittys. So off to Sports Authority since I don't have time to order a pair online and wait for them to come in. Plus I have a $10 coupon from the Honolulu Marathon (thanks to the Chins for reminding me)!

Trying to find the shoes were hard since....they labeled them wrong! At least the employee could help me and we found them...just not in the color that I wanted (I guess we can't be choosy when it's last minute)!

Mission accomplished! Time for some reading and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment